Fun Things for Single Women to Do Once Retired
Facing retirement is an exciting time and a time for new adventure. If you are a single woman getting ready to head into retirement, why not head in full steam ahead. Being a single woman should in no way, shape, or form hinder the joy of retiring. You can join many adventures, clubs, and groups as a single, newly retired woman.
1. Groups – There are so many groups for single women, no matter what age. You can join a support group of any kind from widows’ groups to entrepreneur groups. There are also many dating groups that are geared toward seniors. Groups for adventurers looking to meet other people (both men and women) that go on camping trips, theatre excursions, casino runs, and anything you can think of are available for retired women.
2. Clubs – There are also many clubs that single retired women can join such as book clubs, church clubs, and hobby clubs that you should never be at a loss for a club to join. Pick several areas that you are interested in and join away.
3. Online Dating – Dating sites specifically designed for seniors are available these days and it is a great way to meet people. Even if you do not meet your match made in heaven, dating sites are a great way to meet new people. Just as you would be discerning by meeting someone in person, use the same logic for online dating.
4. Retreats – Women’s retreats are in abundance these days. If you are into holistic healing and yoga, you are bound to find a women’s retreat that will spoil and pamper you. There are also several spiritual and religious retreats that you can look into through your local place of worship.
5. Learn something new – If you have always wanted to swing dance and you do not have any health concerns, now is the perfect time to do so. Take a class on how to blog and you will be surprised at how many people you will interact with on your site. If music or art are your thing, take art lessons and music lessons and you will be amazed at how artistic and creative you really are.
6. Volunteer – Although it might sound like hard work to volunteer your time, the opposite could not be more true. Volunteering is a great way to give back, but you receive so much in the way of fulfillment and even fun as well. Some schools or churches need help painting sets for upcoming plays. Volunteering is a great way to give back and have some fun – and it’s a wonderful opportunity to meet new people.
7. Travel – Grab a bunch of co-workers who have recently retired and go on a girl’s weekend away.
You’ve worked hard to get where you are now. You deserve to enjoy your retirement years. These are just a few ideas on how to have fun as a single woman once retired.